I’ve got this recipe from a pen pal in Las Vegas. Thank you Tessa 😀
Just tried it once and although I have reduced the sugar, it’s still too sweet for me. For next trial I should add more pumpkin and the spices. This cookies is unique because of the spices, remind me of Speculaas.
Chocolate Chips Pumpkin Cookies
- 21/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon spekuk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (salted), softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar (me: 200 gram only)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 gram chocolate chips
For The Icing:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar (me: 125 gram)
- 3 tablespoon milk (whole milk) (me: 2 sdm)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (salted) (me: 50 gram)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (me: Jensen vanilla)
Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl and all the wet ingredients in another bowl. When each is mixed then mix all the ingredients together and add a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
(I used the usual cookies method: mix butter and sugar, then add egg, pumpkin and finally the dry ingredients).
Form the cookies using two tablespoon (I used teaspoon) on the pan, flatten them out a bit. Place the cookies close together, they rise but don’t spread out.
For the icing:
Whisk up the icing, just drizzle it (or dunk it, depending on your sweet tooth) on the cookies.